A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF PRE-COMPETITIVE ANXIETY LEVEL BETWEEN MALE AND FEMALE INTERCOLLEGIATE BASEBALL PLAYERS OF GOA
Competitive state anxiety that occurs prior to the competitive situation is referred to as Pre Competitive Anxiety. The purpose of this descriptive comparative study was to find out the Pre Competitive Anxiety level between male and female intercollegiate baseball players of Goa. For which 200 sample were selected. The sample for the study had been selected based upon non probability based purposive sampling technique out of which 100 male and 100 female intercollegiate baseball players who had participated in intercollegiate baseball tournament organised by goa university in the year 2019-20, the age of the player is 18-25 years, and the one who had 2 years playing experience in intercollegiate baseball tournament. The data was collected with the help of Sports Competitive Anxiety Test (SCAT) standardized by Martens (1977) in the form of paper pencil test. The test contains 10 items, 10 of which measures symptoms associated with anxiety of the players. In which the score is normalised on the 3-point scale (Rarely 1, Sometimes 2 and Often 3) wherein (0-17) being the low competitive anxiety and (24-40) being the high Competitive Anxiety. Further the data was analysed, the calculated mean value of comparing Pre Competitive Anxiety among male and female intercollegiate baseball players was 33.32 and 35.11. Further for analysing data independent sample T test was computed. The calculated t value is 2.994, the result shows the calculated t value has a significant difference at 0.05 level of significance (p= .003) hence this study can be concluded that there is a significant difference in Pre Competitive Anxiety of male and female intercollegiate baseball players of goa. The study conclude that men baseball players had less anxiety than that of women interuniversity baseball players of goa.
• Balaguer L, Gonzales PF, Castillo I, Merce J, Duda JL. Coaches’ interpersonal style, basic psychological needs and the well- and ill- being of young soccer players: a longitudinal analysis. Journal of Sports Science. 2012; 1- 11.
• Csikszentmihalyi, Mihaly. (1990). Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience. Harper and Row
• Gamit Amit K(2013) ,A Comparative Study of Sports Competitive Anxiety Between Male and Female Cricket Players of Gujarat, Indian Journal of Applied Research, Volume:3 Issue:2, February 2013
• John W. Best, J. V. (2009). Research In Education. New Delhi: PHI.
• Levy AR, Nicholls AR, Polman RC. Pre-competitive confidence, coping, and subjective performance in sport. Scandinavian Journal of Medical Science in Sports. 2011; 21:721-729.
• Lizuka P. Anxiety Performance in Young Table Tennis Players. Sports Science Research, 2005; 26:73-75.
• Martens, R. (1977). Sport Competition Anxiety Test. Champaign, IL: Human Kinetics.
• Moran A. Sports and Exercise Psychology. Rontledge, London, 2004.
• Sahu DP. A comparative study on pre-competition anxiety between individual games and team games.
• Singh.R and Kerkatta.I. (2016). Comparative study of pre-competitive anxiety between male handball and volleyball players of GGV Bilaspur. International Journal of Physical Education, Sports and Health
• Trivedi Paresh, Dr. Upidhaya Vipul H (2013) ,A comparative study of sports competitive anxiety between male and female weightlifters of Gujarat, International Journal of Scientific Research, Volume:2 Issue:3, March 2013
• Wan Ahmad Munsif Wan Paa, Norlena Salamuddinb*, Noraziah Mohamad Zinc , a,bFaculty of Education, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 43600 UKM Bangi, Selangor, Malaysia, c Faculty of Health Science, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, https://www.International journal of Multidisciplinary Research and development 2016: (1):121-123
• Weinberg, R. S. (1996). Goal setting in sport and exercise: Research to practice. In J. L. Van Raalte & B. W. Brewer (Eds.), Exploring sport and exercise psychology (p. 3–24). American Psychological Association.
Copyright (c) 2021 INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RESEARCH PEDAGOGY AND TECHNOLOGY IN EDUCATION AND MOVEMENT SCIENCES
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.